Being Old, Being Bold - 25th September 2019
Living by faith, seeking truth, and accepting challenge Are you interested in making more of life for older people
Christians on Ageing is a resource to the Churches and a voice for older people. This conference will help us to plan new ways of giving support, spreading ideas and promoting good practice in the Church? You are invited to join us for a conference. This is a rare opportunity to hear what can be done AND to tell us what you are doing.
25th September 2019 - A central venue in Sheffield - 10 am to 4 pm Cost: £30 including all papers, refreshments and lunch (Members of Christians on Ageing £25 using code in plus magazine Summer 2019 or
The day will include:
- David Jolley, Honorary Reader The University of Manchester; retired Consultant and Professor of Old Age Psychiatry, reflecting on Intergenerational Fairness & Provision
- Helen McCormack, currently Ministry with Older People Development Worker, Northallerton asking Special Need or Special Contribution?
- Rita and Paul Conley, The Salvation Army reporting on Older Prisoners, New Ways of Working
- Albert Jewell, retired Chaplain in MHA and Methodist minister discussing People with Dementia: a Christian Response
- Contributions from participants on local Church activity
- Inter-active Musical Interlude with a Sheffield U3A Ukulele Group